Monday, February 20, 2012

You guys...

I have been an inbetweening BEAST today. Intro will be done tonight. I can't help saying that it's beautiful. It is. Had some tricky issues with getting a camera move + rotation of character + zoom all at once so I just cut it. Do that later on in a few shots anyway (which is what I was working on on Wednesday night to get rid of a nasty jump cut), so it's not a total cop-out.

There are very few actual Flash-made "tweens," but I did put one in the intro. There just wasn't any avoiding it. I actually like the wobbly lines that come with manually inbetweening, gives a little more life to the world/characters. They're supposed to be doodle-creatures anyway. so it makes it even more fitting they should shake a bit.But really, doing the big pan/zoom reveal by hand was just not something I was looking forward to and I decided is time better spend working on another scene.

I'll render out a quick clip after dinner. Time for some well-earned tuna salad!

EDIT: here we go! still need to put the title over the city and animate the mask that will make it seem like it's being drawn in front of us, but I have early class tomorrow so am going to call it a night. You'll also see the redone transition where the jumpcut used to be between 2-2 and 2-3.

1 comment:

  1. Great! I recommend adding pauses after each character makes a gesture. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete