Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PREMISE # 4: something completely different

I call it "Mimesis"

Nothing really solid to write here other than it would be dreamscapey (but not cliché!), more like a lucid dream/stream of consciousness swim through a 3D space (in Maya) with bits of 2D animation (traditional, paint on glass, live action, flash) projected onto planes and other 3D shapes. As we move through the environment, it is a journey through the mind of, well, me. I'm sure there would be some profound realization at the end, or maybe it would just be resignation. Either way, it's saying something.

EDIT: I think I'd like to work in some form of poetics, too. Play off of the intersection of science and poetry, the intellectual vs. emotional/active, how one directs the other and heavy reliance upon one throws everything horribly off-kilter. Think "Science and Poetry" by I.A. Richards. Also think 'music of the spheres,' the beauty of logic, etc. Maybe some more abstract visual poetry thrown in here and there for our little hero to run up against.

1 comment:

  1. Well, jeez, I like them all.

    Penfingers is probably the deepest, but I really like what you've done for the bus one already. I love the dodos, probably because I was the dodo, but I think that one would end up being really long, since there's so much stuff that needs to happen.

    With the bus one, you could maybe integrate #4, and therefore also integrate Penfingers and the Dodos, like getting hit by the bus could transport her to the dreamscape, or something like that. Could work.
    I think they're all good, though.

    ReplyDelete