Monday, September 19, 2011

Get on 'board

Been putting together, pulling apart, and putting back together my animatic. Finally hit on a scene to speed up and simplify the whole "time goes by" part that shows how the populous' hands wear away as they age. There will be some awesome shadows involved that will be a lot of non-animation animation. Woohoo for creating tension by NOT showing something! They were on to something with that whole "Jaws" deal. And to think, all because of a crappy animatronic shark that didn't work, it became one of the scariest monsters to grace the screen. Not that mine will be scary, it actually won't be at all...

Imagine Penny sitting against the wall with the cast shadows moving over her. I'm really excited to see how the lines would bend around her (implied 3D) 2D shape. Should be interesting.



No pictures of stuff in-progress right now (it's all on the computer in my cubicle... whoops) but next week I have my in-class presentation so that will bring a truckload of new stuff to play around with and I'll get it up on vimeo.

1 comment: