Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh no, Mr. Bill!

Oops. Tonight's post is a little late. Had an interview on campus and a special event dinner tonight. Biking around in high heels... not so fun.

Anyway, I finally have the solid list of scenes/shots/whathaveyou chalked up! Huzzah! The ending will be decided tomorrow in class. Put on your thinking caps...

((SPOILERS!! But who's keeping track...))
I thought I'd figured out a way NOT to kill Penny, but it turned out to be very... unfulfilling. It just kind of ended with a pretty bow tacked on in the middle. Well, that's not what art's all about! So. Penny will diminish in one way or another. Will leave her eventual death somewhat ambiguous, but you'll see the trajectory all laid out there. This is one thing that I've decided I must stand up for. This is the real root of the whole project: what it is to create and what it means. Where art comes from. The price of something beautiful. The price of expression. At what expense one opens up to the rest of the world for all to see. It's everything.

So, here I am, all set up in my home-away-from-cubicle captain's chair, screens and tablets all around, papers propped against the wall, and my fratty neighbors (for the time being) quiet. Animatic will be presented tomorrow in class.


Wasting no time: the new intro drops us quickly into the world, shows us the art-people, and presents us with Penny and her... "problem." Don't worry, these are just the thumbnail versions. It is actually a lot clearer than this...

3 comments:

  1. ... but you promised an animatic...!

    It looks good so far, Alessandra, but I am afraid you will need to make up for some lost time now. I am looking forward to seeing your animatic on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new character designs look great. Economical but appealing. You definitely want to get the animatic out of the way so you can move on! (That's my goal for this week too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey hey

    Hope this doesn't come across the wrong or pushy or any other way that's bad. I would love to have this face to face but timing is everything.

    When you talked in class I got the feeling it would be okay to give ideas for ending or just talk about the story in general. One thing I learned in fine art is when your looking at art there are two equal way of looking at the physical and the emotional.

    Physical word be talking about the things you can point to talk about. there things like, color, shape, even craftsmanship, costs in time and materials can be thought of as part of the physical.

    Emotional is the straight up how dose this make me feel and what is this film saying to me.

    So I think your physical is looking really good, ie. new designs, and I love the emotional reaction your story is giving me it make me ask my self lots of questions about my creative and the trade offs that come with it.

    Penny lives and dies in world where every one has a chalk hands that they whittle as they go through life. Penny however has quills for hands. I think it would be far to draw parallels from our world to say we all have the "ability to be creative" most of us grow out of it, but some us are different and they don't just have the ability they "themselves are creative"

    We understand her loss because you show a bit of her color spill out of her person when she uses her ink to express her self.

    So I am working from memory so I am sorry if I why off.

    ***People exploit or dismiss or distrust her because of her different hands, but she keeps on giving, she has no choice.***
    This basic conflict could be the motivator for her sad life of endlessly putting her art any and every where only to have it covered by chalk.

    Climax she (killed by mob, she cant find work and dies a beggar, maybe arrested for graffiti or being a overly different thinker.) But, when she dies it rains and all the chalk it washed down the gutter and only her ink only the real art stands the test on time and stays on the walls and the city is transformed in to a new beautiful world, under the dark shadow oh Penny's death. She is reborn in the minds of the community as a art the they wasted.

    BDP
    Penny is different she changes things. Where she live people are afraid of change and Penny pays the price for them to learn there lesson.

    **Rising Action**

    1.People have chalk hands
    2.Penny is different cant fit in.
    3.Even more different then she thought ink hands.
    4.Not fitting in is even worse.
    5.Community does not like her.
    6.Does not stop her.
    7.They put a stop to her.
    8.The rain shows them what was right in front of them the hole time, but it to late.

    Were left think twist about the cost of being different.

    Hey sorry if this was way more then you wanted, and i am really hope this didn't come a cross the wrong way.

    CU around
    Matt

    ReplyDelete