Tuesday, September 6, 2011

INK: THE REBOOT!

Hello all! Big news. Over the last few months I've teased apart the long and confusing threads of my old thesis story and come up with a much simpler, sleeker, and overall better version. The character designs have changed a bit but are still true to their art-person nature with chalk/crayon/charcoal/ink hands. A few new things have crept into my inspiration folder, including Evan Dahm's "Rice Boy"


the popular kids' book "Harold and the Purple Crayon", and the overall texture of Norman Mclaren's "Blinkity Blank".



The rough redone animatic will be up this weekend before I dive head-first into animating. No more 3D environments either! Going very minimalist with the whole thing. The world will be created by those who live in it and so will fade/erase over time. I wonder how Penny will solve the problem...

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to see how this turns out. Harold and the Purple Crayon does lend itself well to your overall theme and I think McClaren's textures will look cool when dropped into your world. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the animatic!

    ReplyDelete